Saturday, July 12, 2014

Happy Saturday!

As I lay beside my twin girls this morning in bed, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to be their mom. I love to watch the flutter of their eyelashes, the quick little Sandman smiles, and the way they stretch and yawn all at the same time and make it look so good, I find myself doing the same. I love Saturday mornings as we can all be home together and enjoy simple things like sitting on our front porch, enjoying coffee without rushing, and catching up on the week without worrying about where we need to be or what has to be done next (especially since last Thursday was cleaning day). :)

Yesterday I was able to attend my first Bellevue Moms Group meeting and it was nice to get out of the house and visit with other moms for an hour or two. The meetings basically consist of a speaker and refreshments each month and this month's featured presenter was a nutrition and exercise mom/daughter duo. I think I may be brave once it gets a little cooler here and enroll in one of their stroller fitness classes. They meet in a nearby park and push strollers, stopping every few minutes  and doing a mini- workout. I may get double the workout pushing two babies around, but she assured me that it was doable with two. 

Some of our favorite little people from Memphis visited last night. Sally, Abby, and Emma along with their parents stayed with us on their way to Nashville Shores. It was SO great to see them. I've really missed a lot about Memphis this week and when Mary and Tom came in with Muddy's cupcakes and all their girls, I just about got teary-eyed! Visiting with them and watching their three little girls interact and giggle with ours was so much fun. Jason and I talked about how someday our house will be filled with those same sounds of footprints, giggles, and princess television shows. We look forward to those days, but are also thankful for the times right now that are filled with cooing, tasting new things, cuddling, and listening to baby cds. There will be challenges and blessings at all these stages and we're trying to soak up each part with our girls each and every day.  And by the way, we have now tried peaches, green beans, sweet potatoes and bananas. Peaches still remain the pick of mealtime! 



Mary Charlotte with sweet potatoes


Elizabeth with sweet potatoes

Ready for the sun!

Thanks Grandma Di Pie and Grandpa, for the hats!

We love Baby Einstein and might even roll over or look up to watch!


Mary Charlotte with bananas....surprisingly not as thrilled as I would have guessed!


Elizabeth is like her Daddy in the mornings and Mary Charlotte looks more like Mommy on Saturday mornings!

And now we are happy again seeing Sandman....
Abby with Elizabeth
Sally with Mary Charlotte
Sally with Elizabeth
Emma, Elizabeth, and Sally
Emma, Elizabeth, and Sally
Girls in pajamas
Girls still in pajamas
Girls still still in pajamas...
Sweet kisses and blue eyes

Floor time









1 comment:

  1. Are Mary Charlotte and Elizabeth turning over more frequently now? I like their pink hats.

    ReplyDelete