I took the girls to story time this morning with Mrs. Donna at the library. They loved the singing and books and our new library has so many fun centers for the kids to play with until story hours begins. It's so nice to have a library so close to our house and also to have friends the girls meet and play with each week.
So Jason and I have started a new relationship with Dave Ramsey. Not that we even know him personally, but lately it feels like he lives with us! We are getting acquainted with all his lifestyle tips and ways of thinking. It is a love-hate relationship! We love his ideas on finances, but also hate (sometimes) getting used to our new lifestyle. We've started using the cash envelope system and really like it and we were even brave enough this week to make our own laundry detergent! (yes you can do it too) Here's a link I used that was super helpful. I actually really like the way our laundry smells and it's SO much cheaper than buying it at the store! Hope it helps your family, too! http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-laundry-detergent-soap/
So in the midst of all our craziness, I've decided to help our family out a little by working part time, just a couple nights per week and on Saturdays. Yes, I dusted off my clippers and scissors and started working with hair again at Great Clips. It's super close to our house and so far it's really not been bad at all. Jason is at home with the girls for the couple hours I'm gone and it gives them a chance to have special time together as well as adult conversation for a little while for me. Jason is helping his dad on the farm on Saturdays too and it has really been amazing in just a few weeks the progress we've made. I'm really proud of the financial accomplishments so far and look forward to doing our debt free scream someday!
I'm also posting some pictures from my phone that I just discovered this morning. They are a little older, but thought you might enjoy seeing them a little late.
Love and hugs from Nashville!
 |
| Mary Charlotte loves to ride! |
 |
| Elizabeth and Mary Charlotte at Grandpa's and Di Pie's porch |
 |
| Carrots |
 |
| 11 years! What a blessing and treasure he is to our family! |
 |
| This was for my dad |
 |
| Lazy babies |
 |
Picture from Maywood, MC with Mrs. Linda (Her babies were in our youth group) |
 |
| Being nosey at Mr. Jeff's house during camp week |
 |
| Our girls playing with Rhett, we introduced his parents and now our kiddos all play together! |
 |
| Camp breakfast, who needs high chairs?! |
 |
| Mary Charlotte, Everitt, and Elizabeth |
 |
| MC and E at Maywood |
 |
| Davis dressed the girls! LOL |
 |
| New friend in Tennessee |
 |
| New friends in Tennessee?! |
 |
| Denae and Davis |
 |
| Davis, you match the giraffe with those spots! |
 |
| Mrs. Glenda, a co-worker of Daddy's, gave the girls their very own fairy house! What a cute idea! |
 |
| Elizabeth and her fairies |
 |
| Not even posed, I find them this way quite a lot! |
 |
| Pickles?! Yes, please! |
 |
| No way! Give me crackers! |
 |
| We built a tent! |
 |
| A sweet lady from our church made these for the girls! Twin ruffle pants! |
 |
| Eating mini pancakes on a rainy Wednesday morning |
 |
| No time for smiling, just give 'em here! |
love the pics! the girls are soooo sweet!!! i am so excited you started cutting hair again! i wish you could do mine still! miss those days. :)
ReplyDeletei started my blog back up randomly. we'll see how long i last. come follow me! :)
love,
jennifer
You surprised me with your Dave Ramsey relationship and cutting hair job. I am so very impressed!!! Hope it keeps going well.
ReplyDelete