Wednesday, November 2, 2016

My Grandma

To the lady who has always made me feel special, my Grandma Golda. I want to take a minute to let you know how special you are to me. My childhood was sweeter because I had such a treasure in my grandmother. Her name is one you don't hear often, but I think it suits her, she truly is golden. Some of my earliest memories include her. The summer she bought me a pony and encouraged me to learn how to play the piano, the times she would sit in the camper with me and let me play waitress, the times she read to me and our swings in the country under the huge oak trees. She could cook the most buttery, light golden egg to absolute perfection and I always loved to wear her nightgowns because they smelled just like her, with a hint of Estee Lauder and lavender. Going to Grandma's felt like going on a treasure hunt, getting to look through her shelves of nick-nacks and hearing stories of her working in a shoe factory and also hearing stories of the families she cleaned for. I'm very thankful for her and the relationship we have. I'm also thankful my girls  know her and love her too. Just yesterday Mary Charlotte had fishing poles out with magnet fish and told me she was going to catch one for Grandma Golda. I hope I can be as good of a grandmother to my grandchildren as you've been to me. I love you, Grandma.

Elizabeth and Grandma Golda


No comments:

Post a Comment