Thursday, April 24, 2014

3 Months and a Fashion Show from the Past

Last night after church, we took the girls three month pictures. A couple days late, but at least the right week! You can tell they are crazy about Daddy! He sings and talks to them all the time. The girls are laying on a blanket my Grandma Golda made and the little chalkboard I've been using belonged to my Grandpa Virgil. He used it as a child in primary school for math and writing assignments. We happened upon it one day when we were stripping a hutch he gave to us as a wedding present. I never would have guessed it was in there, but so glad it was!  I've kept it over the years knowing at some point I would put it to good use. As soon as the girls were born, we brought it out and starting using it to mark their special days. I think he would be proud knowing it is still being used and enjoyed. I'll try to only use it for a few more months and not make them stand with it at their high school graduations!  This morning, I had a little....or a lot of fun putting my baby clothes on the girls. I'm so glad my mom kept up with them throughout the years, because it is surreal, thinking about me being small enough to wear these clothes, my Cabbage Patch kids wearing them, and now our precious baby girls having them on. Here's to Elizabeth's and Mary Charlotte's girls wearing them someday! I'll try to take good care of them...maybe they'll make it another 30 years!

Elizabeth and Mary Charlotte, 3 Months, on Grandma's Blanket and using Grandpa's chalkboard

Flirting with Daddy! I can only hope they find this good of a guy to flirt with later on in life!

Mary Charlotte wearing Mommy's pink ruffle dress. It fit perfectly!

Stretch and grow, MC!

"Elizabeth's hospital look is complimented by a furrowed brow," said Mommy in her runway voice. 

My belly is hanging out of Mommy's shirt...get me some real clothes people!

Elizabeth wearing a dress made for me by Norma, my mom's best friend. I think I wore it for my 3 month picture?!

MC wearing a romper I wore and another one of E wearing my purple dress. 

I'm happy today, oh yes I'm happy today.....

Take that Elizabeth!

Wanna hold hands, sis?

Clothes for our first trip to the Puffy Muffin

We're still working on how to sit like a lady!

You're getting very sleepy....very sleepy.....

Come on Mommy, can we be done with the fashion show?

Okay, I really mean it now, it's been fun, but let's move on....

1 comment:

  1. Mary Charlotte looks especially lovely in that pink ruffle dress.

    ReplyDelete